Friday, 5 June 2009

Elections and Congratulations

Breaking news...Breaking news...Breaking news.......

The Faith, Hope and Charity shop in Mansted Gardens is ten years old today. And on my wet and windy arrival I was handed a piece of birthday cake, a non-alcoholic drink and a hug from my favourite Christian, Joanie.
'We're ten today" she yelped as the rain splattered her paper hat "And it's people like you who have kept us open".
"Thanks Joanie" I said "Now let me load this cake into my handbag and get spending".
I bought an Olive pot, three blue and brown plates and a pair of pink striped pyjamas. Cost? £3
Happy Birthday to Joan and all the other spritely retired ladies who have made this cleaning lady very happy over the past ten years.
Thanks girls.

As I type this, the telly is pouring out the latest news on Gordon Brown's cabinet re-shuffle and the results of the local elections.
The Conservatives have held onto Essex, no surprise there. I'm
continually switching between Sky news and BBC News 24 because I don't want to miss important interviews, just seen the new Home Secretary Alan 'whadya want cheap or good?' Johnson talking to Sky, I don't know if I'm imagining it but his hair looks a trifle flatter. Already the make-over begins. Being Home Secretary rarely leads to being Prime Minister, it is, I feel a job to nowhere...But it's all great theatre and I love it.
I did mention that Henry my employer is a huge political animal didn't I? He was out pressing the flesh late last night, I only hope his blue rosette didn't fall in his red wine.

He was gone when I arrived this morning and as I fumbled around his trouser press I wondered about the size of his waist.
But those silly thoughts were shoved to the background when I placed upon his bed a truly beautiful patchwork spread. Crimson and red it was and goes so well with the crisp white bedding. I then twirled around his bathroom brushing my tiny hands over his overcoat of a dressing gown, and as I looked at my reflection in the mirror I did a twirl with my duster. I do love to create.

Now back to the pantomine currently being held in Number Ten.

No comments: