Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Fainting At The Mayor's House. Nearly.


Here I am, completely losing the plot.
At Henry's today as I rushed from one mess to the other, my head felt fuzzy and I thought I was going to faint so I did the right thing and sat on a stool with a cup of tea and a slice of bread. I really am such a twit sometimes because I imagine I'm some kind of robotic housewife who although undoubtedly talented and resourceful can maintain two houses on one slice of toast and the occasional banana. Idiotic.
Anyway as the colour came back to my cheeks I promised I'd be kinder to myself. And by kinder I mean sensible.

Henry, bless his heart has had his hair cut, and as he downed a pint of orange squash quipped that his hair is almost as short as mine. We could be twins. You know like in that film with Arnie...Yes of course dear...See above

As much as I love the banter with him he does go on a bit and his going on eats into my work hours and unless he wants to pay me more dosh he'd better stop the yammering and let me get on.
After he left his daughter turned up, God knows where she'd been, but she declined my offer of tea and went into a rant about the horrible woman next door. After ten minutes of teenage angst, (apparently she's argued with her dad about boys and underwear) I was left feeling decidedly ancient. But as she sat twiddling with her dyed hair (so wrong) she said her upcoming birthday party would probably annoy the neighbours but like she so didn't care?

The sparrows dived and the blue tits danced and all I wanted was to dust, chop a cucumber and put together two new gadgets...the new Rice Steamer and new Chip Fryer. Conflict of interests there Henry old bean. Still at least he's having a go.

I have to say working for the ex-Mayor is like being thrown into a mad sex party where anything goes, all are welcome and no-one can find their knickers no more.

But tonight Glo will be at home, at peace, and will weep as her beloved England boys march out onto the hallowed Wembley turf.
And if they don't beat up the Andorrans she'll have the right hump.
Bless you all.

No comments: