Sunday, 14 June 2009

Birds part 2



I wasn't long was I?
After a buttered crumpet I stood behind my NEW bird table in my jimjams and had my picture taken. It's things like that which keep me young.

Now about the bird table...It's NEW and was bought yesterday from a lady who makes various sizes Bird tables and who has them for sale outside her front door.
I saw them lined up on her drive as we slowly drove to The Factory Shop in Purdey's Way and as I drifted around the shop my muddled mind kept going back to the Bird table...
So after buying a block of berry loaded suet and 2 kilos of bird seed John parked up beautifully and I rung her doorbell.

Out came a blonde. "Hello" I said "I like the look of your Bird table"
"Which one do you like" she smiled walking to the biggest one
"That one" I squinted (the sun was very out) "The one with the extra bit"
"Ok" blondie said "It comes apart so let me take the top off"
She took the top off, money exchanged hands and John and I sweated our way back to the car.
I was so pleased with it that I held the top bit of it in my arms all the way home.
It's things like that which keep me young.

2 comments:

terry said...

so you buy a birds table and then change into jimjams.Wow!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Not quite Terry. I slept in the jimjams then hurried out this morning to the bird table because I love it!