Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Day Off Well Spent

I don't do Henry on Tuesdays but I arrived early this morning unannounced to look for Blackie.
And I found him.

The blighter sauntered towards me without a care in the world and I fell to my knees like a fool crying.
I really am a silly woman.

I know it's daft going there on one of my off days but I knew today would be awful if I didn't know what was going on. So I went.

As the tears ran so did my mascara but I hugged the moggy like he was my own, then I said I'd kick his arse if he did that to me again. And on receiving a stern ticking off from his sort-of-mum he wandered into the kitchen unaware of the hell he'd put me through.
And hell it certainly was.
My fellow cat lovers will understand.

Henry was in bed whilst I was slobbering on the floor with Blackie so I let him be. I then wilted considerably and sat on the settee with a cup of tea staring at both cats.
After wiping my eyes and trying to calm my racing heart
I drifted to the study where I lifted a couple of heavy weight books...
Laying face down on the carpet I wedged my shoulders under the stupidly awkward stairs and slammed the wooden floorboard as hard as I could, then loaded it with the aforementioned books. I may, tomorrow, lay a dictionary down aswell. I'm sure Henry doesn't use it much.

He got up wondering what all the fuss was about.

And for a moment or two I felt like I'd wasted my time, energy and caring attitude. But that soon disappeared when Blackie came into the kitchen to look into his bowl and look out into the frost filled garden. Henry tends to have a more manly attitude to pets, manly in so far as 'bugger them they're only animals', an attitude I don't understand for a minute. You take animals on to care for them, they are not friendly old shoes or employees who are good enough one minute and disrespected the next.

Blackie is different from Goldilocks. Blackie prefers his own company and mine and joyously does his own thing unaware of what that can sometimes lead to...
He doesn't dig Henry at all.

If I could I'd nick him...

No comments: