Ok so here I am.
And to be honest I'm a little pooped.
After coochy coochying Henry at the doctors, I went shopping for odds and ends, ended up buying £1 worth of Christmas decorations and a pink mirrored evening bag from the Church Charity shop. The adorable Joan was on hand with advice about Turkeys, so that was nice!
What else?
Oh yes after the docs and shopping I cooked myself a couple of rashers of decent bacon and hid in the front room watching three recorded hours of Channel 4's The Queen. Excellent.
Of course by the end of the Queen thing it was getting dark so...
I had to think about food.
A largish Bolognaise was made along with three mini chocolate, banana and pear trifles. And as the custard bubbled, my mind drifted away to all things Christmassy. And I felt that old tingle again.
I received a big Christmas card today, a simple carollers hanging round the lamp post thing, but it's very nice and so now it's standing on the mantelpiece alongside the teeny weeny one from the Avon lady.
Thursday, 3 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment