Monday, 21 December 2009

A Harmless Post

Carrying on in the foodie manner...
A delightfully robust beef stew is cooking as I type. It's a simple dish of stewing beef, onions, carrots and potatoes, the stock is flavoured with a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a smidgeon of thyme.
Pepper and salt are in support.

On a more harrowing note, I went to Henry's today. He got up eventually and both he and Walt managed to get under my feet and in my hair for the next three hours.
Blasted men.

A 'we called but you were out' card had gone astray and would I look for it. Might be in the files. Might be in the magazines. Could be in the bins. Any bins. Probably put there by a disorganized crusty Walt.
So out I went, crunching through mountains of snow to the two horrid wheelie bins.
Sure enough there it was. After handing the reasonably clean card to H. he attended to the matter immediately...
Cant' get through to them darling he shouted. Go online and do it I said with a hiss.
Oh yeah....
Oh God...

The cats have pulled down the decorations.
Blackie leapt into the video cupboard, and Ging escaped from her collar. Flipping moggies.

Apparently Henry's son will be arriving Christmas Eve and will I make sure his room (the cat's room) is decently spruced up. What a cheek.
And if I'm ever in need of a room I too can take up residence in the cats room.
Lovely...

During a ten minute break I told H. that after Christmas I'd be taking a few days off. He went ballistic. What will I do without you he joked. How will me and Walt survive he blabbered.
Buy yourself some tins of corned beef I quipped and drained me mug dry. Right On Glo!

It's snowing again.
And me with Alex just washed.
Bugger!

No comments: