Light of My Life...
Have just spent a frightful two hours disentangling me lights!
Why I put them up I just don't know. But a few straggly tinkering lights have now set off the tree nicely and it looks very sweet indeed.
But the light fiasco didn't end with the tree. Oh no. I found a few more strands in a box by the immersion heater, they now hang wildly from my kitchen dresser and bedroom mirror. Gaudy perhaps. But a hoot.
The Window...
Carrying on with the gaudy-haven't-got-a-clue-what-I'm-doing-theme, a disparate group of old plastic Santas are standing erect on me windowsill. One of the Santas though has different leg lengths so I stuffed a little paper in his boot so he can stand as proud as the others.
The Tree Again...
A few pretty wooden trains and animals hang quite literally by a thread. I don't do glittery balls. Only items of excellence swing from the tree.
Delia Smith...
I sipped some lemon tea watching Saint Delia (on the BBC's website) drown an assortment of dried fruits in many types of booze. Cherry brandy, ordinary brandy, port and something else which I can't spell. Angostora bitters I think she said, anyway she drowned them. Leave them for a week the drinker said then make a Creole Cake. Oh God why can't she make a Buche Noel like me?
Henry Wonders...
He phoned as I was standing on a chair.
"Do you like flowers Angie?"
"I do".
"My tummy is bloated and I have a docs appointment tomorrow" Henry said
"So is mine but I don't have any appointments."
He laughed uproariously whilst I looked at a cobweb. Silence.
"Went to Argos today for presents, got the baby Lola something then I came home via Somerfields and I feel like shit"
I got down and stood by the sink.
"Your grand daughter is all that matters Henry"
Long silence.
He then cried.
"Hey you, howsabout you and Walt coming round for liver and bacon on Wednesday. My treat."
"Ok darling, thank you" he said
I then got back on the chair.
The lights are on.
Monday, 7 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment