Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Thanks to My Fellow Blogger Digger For The List Idea.

1.
Was 2009 a good year for you?
Yes. Met new, exciting, vigorous, handsome people and then met Henry.


2.
What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Absolutely not telling but it was divine. Such behaviour warranted being arrested.


3.
What was your favourite moment of the year?
Being in the company of sweet people.


4.
What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Seeing mum unable to stand, seeing dad unable to breathe. Worrying all night over two cats which aren't even mine.


5.
Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No of course I didn't and yes of course I will...


6.
What are your plans for 2010?
Aahhh now there's a question. I'd like to write more poetry. Relax more. Keep my mouth closed sometimes. Go disco dancing.


7.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
A family member gave birth so I am now a Great Aunt.


8.
Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, Vera my mother-in-law. I wasn't as close to her as I should have been but she left her mark.


9.
How many weddings did you go to?
None. In fact I've never been to wedding. Reception yes, ceremony, no.


10.
What countries did you visit?
None. Dream of seeing Rome.


11.
What date in 2009 will remain etched in your memory?
Today, because at precisely 9:25 a.m. I danced in The Factory Shop to Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song'. I let go and it felt fantastic. I only went in for a pedal bin.


12.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sticking at this two bit job. Drives me nuts, the pay is hideous but it's taught me lots. Mostly about how huge my sense of humour is.


13.
What was your biggest failure?
Coming out of my shell only to have my head bashed in.. Not devoting enough time to writing. Eating too many Chinese Take Ways.


14.
Did you suffer any illness or injury?
No not really. Get cheesed off with all my inflammations but all in all I've had a good year physically.


15.
What was the best thing you bought?
Oh that's easy. My shaggy brown coat. I feel fabulous and wild in it.


16.
Whose behaviour merited celebration?
A couple of friends. Generous thoughtful acts beyond the call of duty.


17.
Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Henry's. Too many instances to list. But he's charismatic and funny. Mine. On a good day I'm a lovely woman to be with but on a bad day I'm an almighty pain in the neck.


18.
Where did most of your money go?
Charity shops. And hidden away in a box for a stormy day.


19.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The X Factor Final.
When a man shouted at me.
Jasper Conran Black Seamed Stockings.
Oriental Lillies.
Looking forward to being with hairy fun people, makes my day



20.
What songs will always remind you of 2009?
Bad Boys by Alexandra Burke. I Just Haven't Met You Yet, Michael Buble.


21.
Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? About the same.
b) Happier or sadder? Difficult one this. In some things I'm much much happier, but in others I feel impotent, so sadder.
c) Richer or poorer? Richer.

22.
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. Dancing. Telling people to shove off. Being outrageous. Keeping my thoughts to myself!


23.
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time trying to figure people out. Trying to please people. Thinking. Worrying.


24.
How will you be spending Christmas 2009?
Done up to the nines being the perfect hostess. Watching the telly. Talking to mum about vests. Thinking about far away friends.


26.
Did you fall in love in 2009?
No. But I fell in a big amount of adoration.


27.
What was your favourite month of 2009?
All the summer months. A bit sunburnt across the shoulders but it kind of suited me. Heat does wonders for me.


28.
How did you see in the New Year?
I was asleep. I don't do late nights even at the turn of the year. Boring or what?


29.
What was your favourite TV show?
Well I don't watch a lot of telly but I didn't miss any of The X Factor, Masterchef or Mastermind.


30.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.


31.
What was/were the best books you read?
Ummmm...A mishmash of recipe books bought from charity shops.


32.
What was your greatest musical discovery?
Michael Buble. Cool or what?


33.
What was your favourite film this year?
I saw 2012. Does that count? It was awful but great fun. Don't go to the pics much.


34.
What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I didn't do anything special on my birthday because I was 53.


35.
What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Being stalked by a gorgeous man.


36.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
A glorious mix of retro, chic and out and out filth.


37.
What kept you sane?
A lot. My parents. Blogging. Chinese Take Aways. Surprise Gifts. Afternoons with chums and coconut cake.


38.
Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Larry Lamb. Tall, dark and very old.


39.
Which political issue stirred you the most?
Gordon Brown talking about bringing in a new National Care Service.


40
Did you treat somebody badly in 2009?
I don't think so. If I did it was unintentional. I can be very childlike sometimes.


41
Did somebody treat you badly in 2009?
Yes but it's healing nicely.


42.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
Don't wait for others to join in, go ahead and dance on your own.


43.
What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
A modicum of success in my writing. Recognition. Someone to pursue me because I'm so nice to be with.


44.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year...
"I just haven't met you yet". Michael Buble song.

No comments: