

Nothing gives me more pleasure, satisfaction and bruises than planning, cooking and serving home made food... Therefore Easter will see me glowing not only with heat but with joy and screwed up eyeballs.
Read on...
There's something soothing, almost spiritual about gathering together every day ingredients and making simple luscious grub like Hot Cross Buns, Cidered Chicken, Rosemary and Garlic Lamb, Herb Bread, Naans, Syrup Pudding and Lasagne. And as various old tins and pots get laid in the oven I'll no doubt be rubbing my hip from the numerous bangs they'll receive from the sticky-out corner of the well used kitchen table...I decided during a sleepless night that more working space is required, so have foolishly pulled out another table leaf. Looks good though and is coming in very handy, what with books and plates, but oh the hits I'm copping as I drift from one side of the room t'other. Ouchy ouchy...! Silly Girly!
Anyway, I'll be submerged in Sainsbury's flour over the Holy break. And that's fine with me. I'll post more as and when I can. You DO understand.
Oh, one more thing, I'll only be cooking, I don't do cleaning when Jesus is about.
So stuff to make:
Herb Bread. To make cheese sandwiches worth writing about
Hot Cross Buns. With a proper pastry cross not just a lazy slice from a sharp knife.
Naans. Made with yogurt. And red hot oven.
Lasagne. With a cheese scone. So perfect it warrants a photo.
Syrup sponge. Nursery food for stupid adults.
Apple Flan. Via Australia. More on that at a later date.
Stuff to avoid:
Dusters.
Any kind of chemical.
Hot water.
Rubber Gloves.
Sex.
But now, what about today.
Well, I'm on lady-alone rations. Will flash fry a small piece of steak for me and Monty, who, bless him, is going through a small identity crisis after meeting Golly. And later on we'll all dive into the biscuit tin whilst watching, yeah yeah ok you've guessed it...a little film loaded with guns and handsome blokes.
Get over it.
Ta ta....
No comments:
Post a Comment