Henry phoned at 6:15 saying he was coming home right now so I went to his house and waited outside.
Half an hour later he pulled up in a cab with Trevor the driver and Colin. I got out my car and followed them in.
Hello Angela Henry said and then went upstairs with Colin to talk about the plumbing. Trevor looked at me. I stood by some crates holding a tin of haddock in jelly
They came down talking about pipes and prices.
I was in the disgusting kitchen patting the ginger cat.
After a few seconds of being ignored I went to look for Blackie, finding him behind the settee. I then took a tin of tuna from my handbag and tried to open it with a wonky opener, Colin offered to help. Trevor left saying it was a pleasure to meet me. I can't remember what he looked like.
I put the fish down for the cats, for the last time.
How are you asked Henry without smiling or genuine concern like he was asking what's on the telly
Suicidal I said
Oh he said and asked Colin about boxes in the front room.
I'm here Henry to talk about the cats I think you should re-home them, you can't take care of them when you're in and out of hospital
Don't even go there darling he said
Alright I said knowing this was it, knowing this was the last time i'd ever have to look into his disease ridden face.
I thought my children would feed them he said loading himself onto the chair
They didn't though did they I said
No but I know Colin will come in whenever I ask him to
I looked across at Colin, he remained silent.
Ok Henry goodbye I said
And walked around boxes to get out.
He treated me like dirt. I will never speak to him or see him again. He is a wicked bastard.
I cried all the way home because of my heart
Tuesday, 9 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just want to let you know I'm reading your blog. What a day you've had. Your not alone though.
Maybe things will seem better in
the morning. Good night m'dear
Thanks Mike
Post a Comment