Monday, 1 March 2010

Sunshine and Muddy Footprints

Pigeons not only look stupid they are stupid, doesn't stop me liking them though. I'd laid out some tasty food on the one and only bird table and within minutes a lone big breasted pigeon was beating his beak into it. Monty was rampant with blood lust, I ate my marmalade toast.

After trying to curb the cats natural instincts by telling him he was mummy's only babby I went outside. Oh God I thought as I binned some recycling nonsense, the bloody drain is blocked, a job for later in the day methought. Back inside the conservatory I left brown mud prints on the white tiled floor and the merciless male sun showed up all the marks and smudges on the kitchen window, alright alright I'll smear the flipping thing, just give me a second to re-adjust to my new schedule...
For the first time in a year, I am at home on a Monday! Bugger you Henry. But being a woman of endless come-backs I will indeed come back from my recent mind shattering experience. No more will be said on the vile subject.

Dared to go into the front room just after nine, not bad I thought not bad at all. Could do with a dust, could do with a small adjustment in the seating area but taking everything into account, the room is fit for visitors, who will, no doubt, be impressed with my new 32 inch telly. Haven't watched so much box. I lurve it.

The bedroom was next on the list.
Knitted multi-coloured blanket was adrift, items to do with females knocked up against each other upon the dressing table and a dvd player had its light on ready, possibly, for an insertion.
Small rivulets of condensation wriggled down the window, may need to plug in the dehumidifier. But not today. Got too much to do today. After posting this I'll make up half a pound of shortcrust pastry in readiness for the accommodating of half a pound of chicken. In other more saner words, I'm making a pie.

The sun is still in the kitchen, the kettle is coming to a boil and Mr Humax is on standby. Everything looks lovely...

No comments: