I am a creative lady but being creative is one thing, being off one's trolley is something else.
Read on...
I was gathering together ingredients for tonight's simple supper, a sweet and sour chicken dish with fried rice and vegetable pancake rolls when all of a sudden I thought I'd tinker with the sweet and sour sauce thereby making it more adventurous and dangerous therefore totally unlike anything one would get from the Lim Lam!
So after mixing together my usual sauce ingredients*( see below) I looked across at a big green bottle on the dresser and smiled wickedly. By the way the sun showed up some awful smudges on the window but I digress...
Hmmm I thought...And then, like the little devil I am, proceeded to pour in some Green Ginger Wine. Mad scientist sprang to mind.
After much whooshing around with a dodgy teaspoon I tasted the bloomin' thing and golly gosh it tasted divine!
It now awaits the burner!
Which reminds me I really must get a new scourer, the one that's lying limp and disease ridden beside the fat blue lady should have been binned years ago...
Where was I?
Oh yes, my supper.
Slaughtered chicken breast, a few grams of clean green pepper, some quartered red onion and loads of sliced general carrot will be quickly fried then tossed around like a girl in the arms of a wild dancer. The crazy fired up S&S mix will soon follow, I'll dramatically add it drop by silly drop until it's all in coating the meat and three veg like a wonderful colourful patchwork robe.
I'm hoping the addition of alcohol to the already nigh perfect sauce will lend a certain vulgar splendour to the pre-film supper...
*Perfect Sauce:
Some tomato ketchup. Because the Chinese love red and it makes an interesting base.
Honey. Lots. Brown sugar is good but gives very different result.
Five spice powder. Use it like it's precious but don't be mean
Red wine vinegar. Leave the malt for your chips.
Pineapple juice. Lots.
Black Pepper. I like it spicy
Stones Ginger Wine;)
Now I must fly into the arms of Monty who has, I have to say, been playing up a bit today. Very lively he's been, must have been his three minute activity lesson on the grass...
Goodbye all...
Wednesday, 17 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment