




Fab day down at the seaside!
Only I didn't get to splash about in the water, what I did do however was to load up with many a manner of garden materials.
Vegetable seeds, Sunflower seeds, some kind of ground covering which I think will do what I need it to do, namely be a mattress for my pebbly gravel. And being a woman of dubious taste I also bought a pair of sophisticated ceramic frogs which will no doubt bring a dash of class and panache to my muddy patch.
What else?
Being a writer of some distinction I spent £1 on a thick ring bound note book. "So what" I hear you ask...Yeah but the pages are acidic yellow. So shut up.
More garden paraphernalia comes in the shape of green plastic edging and compost. Does shopping get any more exciting than this? Yes...
Money was also given to the British Heart Foundation shop via an ever so cute robin perched on an old clock. I love this piece. So much so that I've popped it on the kitchen windowsill above the sink.
Talking of kitcheny things I treated myself to a new blue and white checked apron. I sure am a strange gal.
On the super dangerous drive home (John drove) I fancied fish and chips so leapt into George's, you know the place, the gaff by the car wash. So love his portions...
Cooking tonight:
Chicken in cider
Mashed potato
Sweetcorn
For pud:
Chocolate fudge cake which I made yesterday. Will be totally wicked and will serve it with vanilla ice cream.
To drink:
A small ginger wine and lemonade.
After all that heaven, a little hell in the form of The Amityville Horror. And crisps
The pictures are of my new white woolly!
No comments:
Post a Comment