Warming sun, hopeful blue sky, sassy shoes and cute hair, what more do I need?
A gardener!
Looking out at my oversized window box of a garden I decided the conifers need a-chopping and as I pondered both the cost and grief involved my doorbell was pushed,
A smallish lad with a pubescent complexion asked if my tall conifers needed doing...
He gave me a quote and after recovering from the shock (it was quite reasonable) I showed him the door. Maybe too good to be true was my first thought, maybe travellers, so I may well give Graham a bell, Graham being the chappie who knocked some money off a previous gardening job in exchange for a beer and pizza.
That's the trouble when we enjoy a dollop of decent weather, it gets us in gardening mode and spending money we really shouldn't be spending. But the sun has a way of knocking us out of our depressions by making us move our arses. So bless it for that.
Pebbles. What a lovely word.
Pebbles or some other kind of rock type material will be required if I'm to tart up the garden in readiness for bird feeders and pot plants. A friend told me I'd need a weed membrane too...:(
I think I'm better off staying indoors with me cook books and telly:)
Talking of telly.
There's a fab film on this afternoon. 23 Steps To Baker Street starring Van Johnson as a blind author who overhears a murder plot whilst supping a pint in a pub. The lovely Vera Miles co-stars.
Bubbling tonight:
Minestrone Soup with Edam rags
Hot Garlic and parsley baguette
Strawberry mousse with crushed biscuits
Now back to pondering all things horticultural whilst nuking a lamb chop dinner.
Tuesday, 2 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment