I said in a previous post that I wouldn't be mentioning Henry again. But today I have to. And this is where blogging helps because it's not only a place where I make a dozen people laugh but I can also use it like a knife to cut myself an airway.
I haven't worked for Henry for nearly three weeks yet he continues to annoy by emotionally blackmailing me. And it's depressing. And I can't afford to go there.
He phoned Saturday lunchtime, his message "will you do me a favour?" I ignored it. Most reasonable people would take that as "leave me alone"...
Yet last night at 10:40 he texted saying he was back in hospital and that he "had no idea what was happening to the cats".
Needless to say my sleep wasn't pleasant nor plentiful. I am, this morning, in a lip biting, heart thumping cold rage. I don't like having my heart strings tied in knots, if you've got something to say to me Henry then fucking well say it. Don't play with me.
All kinds of nightmare scenarios are being played out in the theatre of my mind. Two cats scurrying round hungry. Two cats without anyone to check on them and two cats who should be re-homed as soon as possible.
Apparently, according to the carefully worded text, Henry's neighbours, F and W have helped a lot so I'm hoping their help extends to looking after the cats, and they are, as Henry knows, my weak spot. But like people have recently said "you need to harden your heart". I am trying, but where cats are concerned my heart is as soft as ever.
I have no idea what I'm going to do today or how I'll deal with the burden of being emotionally blackmailed.
I am not looking forward to today.
Tuesday, 9 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment