Sweet almondy Bakewell Maids baked in a brand new twelve hole expensive baking tin. It's beautiful as tins go. Smooth lines, very well engineered and ten year guarantee. I love it. Almost a shame to christen it! But christen it I will. And because it's new and cost me dear I'll take care of it unlike my other baking hardware which is I'm ashamed to say encrusted with the remnants of well baked breads and scorched buns of umpteen years gorn past. I see it not as laziness but as affection:)
Coleslaw. For tonight. Using green cabbage instead of white. Soaked sultanas, chopped dried apricots, diced apple, chopped onion, grated carrot and the watery addition of sliced cucumber. All held together by a curried vinaigrette and mayonnaise.
To accompany the coleslaw, sliced frankfurters smothered with sloppy fried onions in wholemeal finger rolls with sweetcorn and oven baked chips propping them up. Yum. Ketchup and mustard are compulsory. Ok?
And this afternoon, if I'm awake, I'll knock together a Lemon Meringue Pie.
Saturday, 15 September 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a yummy day, he he
Post a Comment