Monday, 24 September 2012

So Far Today

Watching the Liberal Democrat conference whilst ironing...With mum in chair beside me. Lively, cosy. Murderous.

Dealing with people on phone regarding mum's financial matters. Wearing, tiring. Ultimately satisfactory.

Looking at my swollen knees. Concerned but unafraid. The pushing around of wheelchair has brought forth Mighty Knees, so unbecoming on a little bird like me. Good thing though...they don't yet knock.

Dishing up yesterday's pork pies and some cold chicken for mum's and Mr H's and lunch. Mum under-impressed with chicken thighs, Mr H's appetite stunted on account of his cold. I liked it.

Due to aforementioned knees I did some online grocery shopping. Quick, fun. Hope I get all I ask. Last time, may moons ago, I got beer instead of beans. Long time ago so hoping for teabags instead of toothpaste.

Feeling in dire need of comfort food I made some braised red cabbage (cooking now) and to sit on top of the sweet and sour veg, lean pork chops. Will probably have mash and peas too. Yummy tummy.
Pudding will be remainder of yesterday's cherry and gooseberry trifle.
Secret of The Day....This afternoon due to downturn in weather I watched the telly eating half a bag of Fruit Jellies. Low in fat so.....

Nick Clegg might be interested. Saw him at today's boring conference, he's filled out since getting into bed with Dave. Suits him too;) My opinion is he'll be booted out before the next election, probably go abroad or something, there's always a place for an Englishmen abroad.

I'm wearing a fabulous lipstick, red rosy with a sheen. Makes me want to leave stains.

Cheerio

2 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

Mmmmm stains like that are allways a pleasure he he.

Gloria Horsehound said...

:)