Monday, 17 September 2012

"In another life you could have been a designer".
So said Mother as I dragged the calor gas fire nearer the bed.
She made the remark not because the secondhand fire (GIVEN to me by a friend) matched any of the other old stuff littering the drawing room but on account of what I was wearing.
Red tights. Tan sandals. Black and white dogtooth skirt. Red tee-shirt.
She feels I have the knack of putting together acceptably quirky ensembles on a very limited income.
She however needs the best.

And so another morning in the Bungalow of Love smooches along....

Talking of Love I broke out alone earlier this morning after assuring Mother her wobbliness and inconsistent digestive issues would make a trip to the post office and shops a defo no-go.
She bought it.
So armed with a silk yellow and red handbag I drove first to the Post Office then to The Factory Shop where I bought two tin foil baking tins (30cm x 23cm) Perfect for the Apple and Almond Tray bake I'll be baking this afternoon:)

I love buying cooking gear because not only did I part with £1:59 for the aforementioned tins I joyously parted with more dosh on account of buying a pastry brush, big fat roll of baking parchment (costs the earth in Sainsburys) and an olde fashioned tin tea cup, the sort our boys used in the second world war. Truly a classic beauty.
Departing from baking buys I HAD to get something to clean the drawing room carpet. Most of the olde carpet is still decent enough, but the yards or so around mum's bed are awful. So tomorrow with rubber gloves on I'll shampoo it with a bottle of Astonish (£1) clawing my way through it with a nice scrubbing brush. (50p)

Lovely day out today. SO warm in fact that I've done a lotta laundry, nothing quite lifts the spirits than seeing mum's stained sheets flapping around in the autumn gusts. Also online my thick tights.

Now I must fly....Have eggs to boil....Back to digestive issues:(

No comments: