...A quiet morning in the Horsehound Bungalow.
Remnants of yesterday's anger linger harshly... their tap tap tap of festering resentment making it hard to be kind.
We went out this morning and all through our two hour shopathon we barely spoke. The bustle of stodgy people not making our travels pleasant. But I pushed onwards, over cobbled alleyways to the Co_op and along past the Women's Institute, zizzagging around the buggy brigade and into the library. The sun shone though, so I grabbed it, losing myself in its warmth and bigness.
I love Nature but never more so than when I'm depressed.
Mum's asleep now.
And in between blogging and moving furniture I'm planning tonight's food.
A chicken and pasta bake served with Irish Soda bread made with buttermilk for Mr Horsehound and myself
For mum, two foil baked lamb chops. Pudding might well be a cake.
I see that actor/writer/director Bryan Forbes has died.
Never rated him on screen but as a writer he was terrific. T'was he who penned the fabulous screenplay for the brilliant 1960 British film, The League of Gentlemen. Forbes played a charming handsome two-bit pianist who extracts money from wealthy widows.......for services so gallantly rendered....
One of my all time favourite films.
Thanks Forbesy x
Bryan is top right sporting the quiff.
Thursday, 9 May 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello Gloria - just thought I would pass on the Sunshine Blogger Award - hope it brightens your day :)
Post a Comment