After an early start we set off for the 20 minute drive to Morrisons.
Everything on list ticked orf then back home, via the Church Charity shop, to Steve McQueen in Bullitt. (VHS 30p)
Sat watching that with bread and cheddar.
Mother then pooped on my feeling of well being by asking if we were going out again today.
Oh Mother Dear. No.
Her constant going - outness is leaving me exhausted and really rather skint. I find it very hard to say NO to her and so consequently 6 days out of 7 I'm parking up, spending money I really don't have and returning home shattered to untidyness on a nuclear scale and over flowing laundry basket.
Yet somehow I'm managing (just) to maintain a reasonably clean bungalow and garden.
The effort though is telling.
That's why I'm back on the sugar.
I've also learned that to carbo-load is essential if one wants to keep upright. I'm munching through lots of homemade and shop made bread, pasta and rice, meat m'dears is on the 'not too much' list.
Talking of eating less flesh I'll be making a Vegetable Cassoulet for tonight's tea. I found the recipe in a Diabetes Cookbook. :(
Talking of all things grim...
Mr Horsehound won't be home till late so I'll have the company of Mother all evening.
We'll probably watch The Bodyguard.
And as I listen to Whitney and oggle Kev Mother will sleep in the chair, her pale face contorted, her eyes flickering, poor old bean, her purple and yellow rippled hands bent, propping up her hairy chin and her delicate head awash with dreams of where she's going tomorrow :)
Wednesday, 8 May 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment