Friday, 17 May 2013

Knock Knock

Mum's birthday present was delivered this morning and being a sucker for excitement I dangled the sturdy small box in front of her watery eyes.
"Ooooooh Ang, what is it?"

I let her open it.



What Joy!

30ml of it actually...

A perfectly gift wrapped 1920's style bottle of one of the world's classiest perfumes. JOY. By Jean Patou. Apparently the Queen has been know to dab it behind her Royal earlobes. And mum has always wanted it so yesterday with an enthusiastic Mr Hairy Suit at the computer we ordered the ideal birthday gift. It came by Special Delivery all the way from money sodden Jersey.



At any rate we ordered it and when I woke this morning I was hoping it'd be delivered in time for her birthday celebrations tomorrow:) It was so thank you to everyone concerned. Especially Hairy Suit.

Talking of tomorrow the Boys are taking mum and myself into town for a little shopping spree. Listen.... I won't be wanting much, the day is NOT about moi, it is mother's birthday so all dosh spent will be for her happiness and well being.
Talking of essential well beingness I've persuaded the birthday girl that a lunchtime pint and sarnie in a pub would seal the deal. She agreed!

As I type she's sleeping on her bed with her cup of tea gone cold but  a little bottle of Parfum de Joy in her hand.
(I'm glad Mr Hairy and myself got our heads together on this..)



Anyway...
I'm off out of it. I'm making some bread.


Ta ta:)



4 comments:

NOF said...

Mr and |Mrs NOF wish your Mum a happy birthday and we wish you and yours a good pint tomorrow. We are just off out for a pint too!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Now I know where I get my drink problem from.

Cheers Nofs

Linda Metcalf said...

Happy Birthday to your Mother and hope it's a beautiful day for her and her entourage!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you Linda, I'll pass on your good wishes to mum.