Here I am RELAXING on my new Cappucciono coloured swinging seat drinking a very good cup of sweetened tea. I've had it with being uncomfortable and I've had it with being sugarless.
And here's a baby Goldcrest conifer type tree in its new home, right alongside the conservatory. I pulled up a paving stone thingy, dug in some compost and set the tree down. The guard around it is from Poundland, the scattered yellow pebbles, secondhand, 50p.
In the background a plastic terracotta tub filled with both plastic and real flowers, a few weeds too have managed to sneak in and that's ok, they too can be beautiful. But not the clinging sticky ones, they are a real pain in the neck.
I'm not much of a gardener, I don't worship at garden centres or anything but I do like being creative, pottering around with ornamental cats, owls and rabbits that type of palaver and when I have a few handfuls of artificial flowers and real pot plants to mess about with that really satisfies my artistic side.
I'll post more pics when I can.
After the district nurse left, mum and myself popped out for an hour, picking up a couple of small things. For mum two old magazines and a custard tart, for myself, a gorgeous cotton apron in a blue gingham and floral design. Homely or what?
Also bought especially for us girls a tiny teapot for two, white background patterned up with two daffodils. Homely overdrive!
Cooking in a Slo-Cooker tonight:
Chicken Casserole.
Thighs braised in red cooking wine, thyme and lemon stuffing, garlic, tomatoes and stock. And to soak up the lovely sauce some mashed potatoes and for colour and vitamins, steamed sprouts:)
No pud tonight.
Now another cup of sweet tea ...............And a check-up on Mother.
Tuesday, 7 May 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
When my son was little so many years ago I picked him up from school one day and he said "Mama I had the happy day" ....Sounds as tho you had the happy day today! :)And that big smile....good for you!
"The happy day........."
Only a child could put it so simply.
Thanks for commenting Linda.
Post a Comment