Friday, 10 May 2013

Morrison's Here I Nearly Come....

On the road to Mo's place I took a wrong turning at a big roundabout,  ended up going for an unscheduled trip around the Essex countryside.
Was alright though, soon found my way back.
Parked up at Mo's, attached a scary looking trolley to mother's wheelchair and bustled and barged my way around the busy aisles of this, my most favourite store!

Steve, doing the butchering, was more than helpful when asked by meself if he'd hack at a shoulder of lamb on account of moi wanting to make a lamb and lentil casserole come the weekend. He did so beautifully. And within minutes, I had a small packet of meaty chunks in my bleeding right hand. Bleeding on account of the difficulty and severity of unleashing the aforementioned trolley from it's heavy duty chains. The blood, you'll be pleased to hear, didn't drop much on the lamb.

After the meat came other essentials. Cocoa. Small bottle of Tall Tower Rose Wine. Women's Bladder Wear.

Then to the till where the lovely lady offered to help bag my goodies.Ok said I. And so she did. And because of her help I was only till-side for three or four mins.
Paid up, pocketed a paper incentive ( £10 off my bill at the end of the month if I spend £35 etc etc..) to make sure I  go to Mo's again no doubt, then out into the sunlight and away home with a very poorly mum.

I drove like a very good driver, not exceeding the speed limit much and as we waited at a little traffic light under a quaint old railway bridge I shot a look at mum and wondered where her head was at. She's been talking a lot lately a lot of it nastily, unfairly and her body, which seems to get tinier and tinier with every look, was caved in, that's the only word for it, caved in. She looked pale too and I wondered how much more defiance she has left. Mind you I thought something similar this time last year. Even though she has verbally kicked me to death I'm rooting for her all the time.

We arrived home and within minutes Mum was asleep, leaving me to unload the car and make tea.

Talking of tea...For ours tonight I'm making a Sausage Risotto served with redcurrant jelly and green beans and for pud, a Custard Tart. Can't wait!

Now I must fly..I have lots to do before I can go into the newly re-organized conservatory and put up my legs.




1 comment:

Terry said...

Must be a first you did not buy a bag of any sort!!What have you done to the conservatory?