Sunday, 15 June 2014

A Carers Tale

Your bones I could crush to powder
such is their state
strewn with humps, accessorized by lumps
Your bones in my care I could crush


My heart you've rendered impotent
Such is its state
bleached by the drought of a life lost, made mad by responsibility, grown callous
My heart you've rendered impotent


Wall-pounding, knicker wetting, foam spitting bedtime questions
the whereabouts of stuff
twenty questions every night
with twenty answers every night
ditto ditto ditto
On your table. On your table. Right here. Right here.
And
Yes your light is on
And
No it won't go out
No it won't go out

Till I snuff it out









4 comments:

Mr and Mrs NOFPl said...

Powerful stuff Gloria and very moving. Thanks.

Digger said...

I have missed your poetry. I expect you have too.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank YOU Mr and Mrs Nof.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Dig for the compliment. You're right, I have missed it. Never neglect a friend or a hobby...