Friday, 13 June 2014

Dive! Dive! Dive!

If you can't win fair.....DIVE DIVE DIVE.

Brazil's blatant cheating in the first game of the World Cup added a sour tang to the start of the greatest football show on earth. It also made the overly saccharine opening of the tournament a bit pathetic.  RESPECT being Fifa's buzz word...

After Croatia went ahead thanks to an own goal by Brazil the Brazillians went crazy eventually leveling the game with a Neymar goal but to make sure of victory the aforementioned Neymar bagged 2 more, one an unjustified penalty. He dived beautifully.
The Japanese referee was wrong to award it.

The Croats said they might as well go home.

Talking of going home.
Murray did yesterday. An awful performance against Radak Stepanek. Afterwards the Scot said because of an early exit he'd have more time to practice for Wimbledon.
Oh my Lord.
He's Wimbledon Champion for heaven's sake, but unlike the Nadals, Federers and Djokovics of this world Andy, despite being a champion just doesn't cut the mustard. He just worries me. He has no panache, star quality or the charisma that puts fear into the hearts of his opponents. Winning isn't only what competitors are remembered for it's their ability to instill fear, respect and likeability.
 I don't think Murray does any of that.

Back to the footie....
I hope for a better match tonight when Spain play Holland. 
I'll be supporting Holland.

Talking of support....If  have a pound or two left after visiting the charity shop this morning I'll be popping next door to Corals for a wee wager...

My dad was a gambler and I thank him for passing on the questionable genetic trait....
love you darling.


Now I must fly. Mother is talking to the wall.


No comments: