Wimbledon is here and with it the usual speculation regarding the weather. Also pondered is whether Mr Andy Murray will retain his crown.
Nope. Just my opinion of course. I'm sure there are people who think he will bag another title. But from what I saw at Roland Garros and Queens the likes of Nada and Djokovic have little to worry about. But then what do I know..
I thought the England football team would reach the last 16 but no. On Saturday they're playing Costa Rica hoping they will at least be boarding the plane home with a crumb of dignity in their hand luggage.
Shocking, really shocking.
Talking of shocking.......... myself and Mr Horsehound were up at half past early ( 3:30) dealing with Mother and as sleep failed to return we decided to stay up and, sitting in the kitchen, in the kitchen looked up at a blue and white sky which was a dead ringer for the opening credits of The Simpsons. It made us laugh.
After taking Mr H to the station I crept in so as not to wake mama seeking to gain an hour or two of oneness with nature.
And at 6 am as I glanced out of the window a black and white slimline puss sloped around the back garden gliding effortlessly between my shrubs. His sparkling pink rhinestone collar looking out of place in an English garden.
Our eyes met then he scarpered like the beast he is.
If I can get mum in the car we'll go to the shops this morning, but, if like yesterday she cannot even stand, then we'll do something else.
Wimbledon starts on BBC2 at 11:30.
Mum was too weak to get to her feet so I went shopping with Hairy Suit. We weren't out long, but long enough to buy a couple of recipe books.
Monday, 23 June 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment