Saturday, 14 June 2014

Spain 1 Holland 5

Van Persie's spectacular header was the most stylish, sharpest, cleanest goal I've ever had the pleasure to see. Simply magnificent.
His leap reminded me of a deer and when he craned his neck to head the ball it reminded me of why football is called the beautiful game.
The other teams had better watch out because Team Holland are on fire...

As minutes went  by the Spaniards floundered, the Dutch however grew stronger.
I can't wait to watch them again.
Van Persie by the way is 30 years old. I'm  hoping that Roy Hodgson's youthful England team won't get too downhearted.
Where's Becks when you need him?
Camping it up in the Amazon wearing a red scarf and carrying kids on his back like a designer rucksack. Love him though, always have. Not for his uncommonly fine looks but for the way he played for England. One of the best.

Talking of England...
Tonight they play Italy.
Hello Glo. What do you think? Should I stick with the kids or recapture David?.
 Go young Roy :) David's happy in retirement.






Now I must fly. Mother wants to know why Mr Horsehound ran naked into the garden at 5 am.
To rescue Monty of course. The daft old puss made a break for it by climbing out of the bedroom window and leaping down a fair way onto the patio...it was then he realised the climb back was impossible. So a lot of brattish cattish wailing occurred.
Mother will no doubt blame me for having an open window. But I'm 57, I get the vapours.

Ta Ta :)







No comments: