Saturday, 28 June 2014

A Pint of Wallop or a glass of sherry

Being t- total I'll plump for a bottle of  J2O. I won't though mind if Mr Horsehound and Mr and Mrs Hairy Suit get squiffy. I would though be very surprised.

I'm going out for lunch to a fine hostelry called The Royal Oak with the very fine aforementioned folk, who are as excited as I am at the prospect of dressing up then indulging in fine dining. Put simply every plate of food I've had at The Royal Oak has been fabulous.

Mum though won't be joining us. She's a little tender at the moment so feels it best if she stays in and watches the tennis. (Nadal being on Centre Court at 13:00 hrs followed by Sharipova then Federer)
I was stumped for a reply this morning when, after showing mum the gifts Mr Horsehound had given me for my birthday, she looked blank saying she didn't know it was my birthday.
I laughed.
I had to.

After having two more cups of tea I did what needed doing and we chatted away like theold birds we are, mostly yacking about the caravan Hairy Suit and I are buying. It's sited by the River Crouch. See picture below taken by Mr Horsehound.
River Crouch




1 comment:

Linda Metcalf said...

Happy Birthday good lady! Hope your day is glorious!