Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Melons for Banana Girl

Today I looked like a small banana. Yellow and curved.
The old people loved the apricot trifle. Especially the sugared flowers on top of it.
And I was given a wedge of melon by a small foreign man.

Today I bought:

A red silk handbag. Made in Vietnam and absolutely divine.

A red sequinned make-up bag. Very Indian looking.

A red faux snakeskin purse. Quite small and shiny and that appeals to the kid in me.

A deliciously heavy brown mottled gravy boat. Beautifully made and so can't wait to pour out the Oxo.

A pair of silver shoes. Red Herring from Debenhams originally. Strappy with medium heels and the perfect accompaniment to the blue spangly frock.

All these items are from The Hospice charity shop in Queensway, and this is where I was given the watermelon. The very sweet woman who was working there (much better than the old devil who's usually in charge) wrapped my goodies up with a gentle smile, I liked and appreciate that. Her companion was the melon man, a chirpy chap who looked like an opera singer and who I've not seen before, but he made me smile and quenched my thirst. So bless him.

In Superdrug I was struck by all things blue. So blue eyeshadow, blue eyeliner and blue nail polish were bought. Mum looked on in amazement. She's a pink girl through and through.

Gamboling our way home we spoke about her eyes, her diet and her toes and then amidst the noise from legions of foreigners, I told mum a fantastic sexy secret and she didn't turn a hair. Didn't turn a hair. Instead she said "Whatever you do won't make any difference to me Ang, I'd never turn against ya."

Now I make burgers. With relish...

No comments: