Friday, 10 July 2009

Today At Henry's Was Sweet

My two wheels bumped into his four wheels on the drive.
"Dear me, you look like Mary Poppins" he said leaning breathlessly on the door
"Come fly with me along the rooftops then" I quipped
"Gotta got to work darling" he piped up.
Bugger that.

So in I went and was met by silence and a slight tidiness. Daughter obviously away. Good. So I set about my little taskettes. The upstairs windows were flung open and as I scooped up underwear and cigarette ash, I sprayed lemon scented liquid with abandon.
Skipping down stairs I shattered a couple of cobwebs and dropped a shilling in my pocket.

Onto the kitchen.
Seen it in a worse state, so it didn't take long to re-arrange the stuff by the telly, put his odd bits of crockery away and plate him up three slices of homemade Teabread.

After feeding the birds (tuppence a bag) I did a quick reccy of the kids room. No major jobs there just the usual duvet throwing and cushion plumping. Her hairbrushes were scattered here there and everywhere but soon laid down in a calm and orderly fashion.

Then after a banana I went outside.

The dessicated leaves from a hundred years of neglect were beginning to hide his three foot high Lions, so I scooped them up for the recycle man. A quick sweep with a bad broom and all was dandy.
Back inside and I needed some shoot-em up. So I dragged Bruce out of the cupboard and hit the streets of New York...
And as Samuel S Jackson (Good Guy) argued with Brucey I polished his windows and they come up a treat they did.

Ok I'd done enough. Time to head out and get back on my big bike. (Gotta get a shopper one) The ride home was hot and heart thumping because I'm getting on and so is the bike. But back at the Bungaloid I had a tuna sandwich and watched Columbo.
Sweet.
This is, I suppose, is how ordinary people live.

But tonight, what about tonight?
On the cards, a swirling skirt, half bottle of Zinfandel and possibly a Waitrose Pizza. Yes me dears, this is definitely how ordinary people live.

3 comments:

NOF said...

You are never ordinary Gloria. Extraordinary Yes. Ordinary no.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you Nof, I'm lost for words.

terry said...

I want to know what you did with the banana!!!!!!!!