Sunday, 12 July 2009

Pence or Pounds?


First pic is of my absolute favourite dress of all time.
I bought it for 50p in the 'dressing up box' in my local charity shop. It originally came from 'West One' and each and every time I wear it I feel like a real broad. No necklaces, bangles or glitzy handbags are needed to add ooomph to this little number, a smile will suffice.

The second frock is yesterday's steal, being a surprisingly reasonable £9. Mind you paying £9 for something in a charity shop is insanely extravagant for me but I fell in love with it the minute I struggled into it in the shoe-box sized changing room.
It's made of silk with beaded detail at neck and hem and was designed by Edina Ronay who, I have to admit, I've never heard of, but it feels soft against my skin and shimmys in a most delightful way.

Now the question is...
Which one do I wear to next weeks Rayleigh Operatic and Dramatic Society's annual dinner/dance?

I already know...

6 comments:

NOF said...

Frock 1 of course!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

My sentiments exactly. What a man of taste you are.

terry said...

No 1 has to be as it is your favourite. Whichever you wear will look great!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Yes Terry, you're right!

Anonymous said...

The first dress gives you a sort of style.

Jerry from the West Coast

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Jerry.