Wednesday, 30 December 2009


...Got the boys coming over tonight so a huge pan of Minestrone is simmering on the stove. To scoop the soup I've made a big Cheese Scone measuring about 10 inches in diameter. It's packed with really strong cheddar cheese and lavishly sprinkled with poppy seeds.
I love making giant scones because I can let rip with the decorations.

Pud proved a prob.
I didn't feel in the mood for a wishy washy fruity affair so have plumped for two steamed puddings...Yes two. Being hormonal I couldn't decide which type of pud to make so I've made a Golden Syrup one and a Blackberry Jam one.
Jugs of custard will accompany my domes of delight.

Henry just called rattling on about what a dump the castle has turned into since his cleaner went on strike. God knows what I'll see when I return on Monday, a pit I expect. All I'm really interested in is seeing Blackie and Ging. Bless their furry hearts.

Got a secret thing happening tomorrow, can't breathe a word of course in case Mr H. gets wind of it. Talking of wind and rain...
Just hope it isn't chucking it down tomorrow...

Just peeped in the mirror and I look awful. Eyes are a little shadowy underneath. Will need to wave the concealer wand around.
I look ill on account of Mr H's noisy cough, I was awakened at some horrible hour and laid there listening to him barking so I slid out and tutted and moaned all the way to the settee. The rotten street lamps burned and Monty thumped my tum. I don't do sleeplessness at all well. Bear with a sore everything, that's what I am...

Well that's enough of this nonsense, I had better go sling my hook, got things to stir and eyes to lighten:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful :)

D

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you darling...