Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Abandon All Hope...

Just seen Gordon Brown on t.v.
He was smiling. A smile so fake it was painful to behold. And as he stood outside Gillian Duffy's home I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.
Tonight when he closes his door and the noise of the press and bloggers mercifully recede, he'll be able to share his pain with his wife.

He is, from what I've read and heard, a passionate man with a quick temper and penchant for flying phones. Tonight I expect he'll need to take stock, a deep breath and then find a way through his political Gehenna.

Hell comes in many forms. And for the politician the unguarded moment, the off the cuff remark can send the unwary candidate into their own infernal circle.
I wonder how he'll sleep.

Tomorrow night he faces the third and final Leaders' debate and for that he'll need to perform his political theatre. As an accomplished actor would know the mask must not slip.
It's all in the eyes and smiles Mr Brown but yours scream of insincerity.

No comments: