Thursday, 22 April 2010

They're Off!

Not long to go before the silk suited gladiators stride onto the stage.

As the cakes and bread baked this morning I devoured everything the pundits and commentators were saying on Sky News. I nearly lost the plot where the bread was concerned almost forgetting to add the yeast (again). And as I rolled and sifted and weighed and tasted I heard Bristol people and more colourful people delivering their needs and wants from tonight's debate. All were intrigued by young Nick and despite The Telegraph's attempt to smear his very name over something monetary which happened years ago, most of the ordinary Joes liked him.
Sky had an in-house body language expert who went over and over eye contact, hand gestures and the meaning of a turned down mouth. Not what you might think, it apparently signifies distress. So look out for a miserable mouth. He also said that last week Cameron looked sideways at Brown and that is death in any political debate. Ok?

The baking surged on, so enraptured was I by Dermot Murnaghan's maniacal coverage that I had to sit down by a bag of compost, so thrilling was his delivery. Ex-BBC man you know.
By this time I needed sustenance so I had a thin watery yoghurt.

The real action kicks off in an hour, Ms Kay Burley leading the pre-match proceedings with her in depth analysis of what is to come. Then at 8 the boys hit the field. I'm wondering what they'll wear, where they'll stand and most of all will any of them have their hands deep in their pockets.

Cleggers looked cool last week as his left hand rested in his pocket, but I feel that if Brownsie and Macaroni try to emulate Mr Cool they're gonna come a croppa. Especially Brownsie. Mr Cool he aint.

After a while Ms Burley will hand the whip into the awesomely thick hands of Mr Adam Boulton, who I would gladly make a cup of tea for, but this isn't all about ME, it's about the country and whose gonna be running it on May 7th.

I'm known for my frequent flutters but I have to say that to bet on this bunch is the action of a mug. We've got a top class Stayer in the shape of the Prime Minister but he's up against a Group One runner in the smooth form of Mr Camikaziron and a lean muddy funster in the elegant Colt known as One Armed Cleggy.
All three should stay the distance but only one will get the trip...

I have my tea tray ready, it's laden with a bowl of rice salad and a little tuna sandwich, I'll probably have a bikkie or two too because unlike the jockeys in tonight's race I don't need to watch my weight!

C'mon my son!

No comments: