Friday, 30 April 2010

Playing Dice With Words

Washed, ready for beddybize
cleansed
but deep down, a sooty stop-out

Praying, head bent and sorry
beseeching
but down deep, unrepentant really

Masterminded, words, chess and water
learning
but deep and buried
jovial patting-of-backs partying soul sister

Solitary, night star gazing slug saving
serene
but down deeper, burnt with reckless day star exposure

Holding a gentle old hand
comforting
but under a loose ring of gold, wrath

Singing, miming
make believing drama queen
but inside a screaming bopper who hires invisible dancers

Woman, cake goddess and sink scrubber
pink for girl, blue for boy
but under perfect icing and puddles of disinfectant
a gollywogs lullaby and out-of-bounds vagina

Transparent, bleeding obvious
heart warming buddy
but beneath the halo boiling seething foam

Dignified, stately
knows when and how to speak
but crouching under a tight tongue a guttersnipe

Ladylike, gloves and high panties
knees clamped
but below the lacquered head
a sailor's vocabulary



Gosh that felt good.
Goodnight all.

2 comments:

NOF said...

That felt good 'cause it was good !!!! Made my Saturday morning!!! Thanks Gloria.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Nof.

Although I devour poetry (both mine and other poets), I still don't know what it is.

The idea of conforming to a 'type' of poetry scares me. There shouldn't be restrictions, after all, ideas and emotions flow like the tide, can you imagine trying to halt nature?

I'm talking gibberish but I hope you see what I'm getting at.