Wednesday, 7 April 2010


Michael Gove

I'm already in a state of extreme agitation and, dare I say it, excitement because the pre-election hyperbole is fantastic! I love getting in a lather when hearing the same old nonsense spewed out by tenacious politicians who would rather sell their grandmothers eyes than lose their well paid jobs. Blah de blah de blah. Yet however much I rant at the telly and however much I down my spatula when slick Dave cruises around in his shirt sleeves I simply cannot get enough election coverage.

Watched it all day yesterday, only easing up to watch the the second instalment of the overly long MasterChef final. Witnessed olde Brown being held together by his cabinet colleagues on the pavement outside number 10. Then flashed to Dave witnessing to the converted by the seen-it-all-before Thames. Cleggy just came out with wifey and sort of said stuff of which I can't recall much.

The Queen, bless her, was helicoptered in to disolve Brown's lumpy government thereby giving all of us the chance to kick Brown out if we so wish...I wondered, as I watched her Majesty's helicopter whether or not she should have driven to Buck house. But that was just the 'green' in me surfacing.
Anyway, all the t.v. channels gave excellent coverage of this most important day, the BBC's Welsh anchorman, the podgy but quite nice, Huw Edwards emoted like a true professional but kept glancing downwards which really agitated me , he must have been shooting glances at his monitor or laptop or something of that ilk. Still, he kept me informed on the goings and goings from Number 10. By the way as Huw stood in Downing Street I wondered what foreigners would think of the Prime Minister's house. Standing there as it does in a row of posh terraced houses, and the windows shrouded in ghastly net curtain. Take it away.

Over on Sky, Jeremy 'I'm so slick it's unreal' Thompson oiled his way through the shenanigans looking more like a movie star than journo and that's fine with me. Because after copping an eyeful of Gordon Brown anyone will do. But that doesn't include Tory Scary Boy Michael Gove, he is plainly the son of Satan. Oh God.

So yeah, I'm loving the pre-election waffle, banter and lies. Roll on 6th May that's what I say.


Humdrum Bungalow Stuff #1

I bought 1.5kg of bird seed
2 small swinging 'England' footballs to hang in my car.
3 huge sackfuls of 10mm gravel (various shades of brown)
Pork chops.

No comments: