The conservatory looks a little better, could still do with a major clean but we'll leave that for another sunny day. I've shuffled a couple of chairs around, re-arranged a few ceramic birdies, planted some courgettes (2) and played with the table which nearly flattened me.
It is a rather ghastly smoked glass affair which I've had outside for a year or so. I picked it up on 'Freecycle' a place where you get er... free stuff. I got a bee in my bonnet last summer about eating outside so being a canny Londoner I amused myself by checking out good old Freecycle. And lo and behold an elderly lady living nearby wanted to get shot of her garden furniture...She didn't have long to wait...I gladly took it off her hands on account of it being in tremendously good condition and was selling in all the garden centres for over £200. Anyway we got it home, I tarted it up with this and that but rarely sat outside eating a chargrilled chicken leg. I wanted wood really.
Anyway winter came and I kept looking at it knowing that sooner or later I'd shift it. Somewhere. And that somewhere is my little falling-to-bits conservatory.
The table now holds a vase and artificial lilies, wooden knick knacks, a tea tray and two small compost loaded pots complete with courgette seeds.
Monty has sniffed around the legs of the table and but as yet hasn't climbed aboard. I think he's still stressed over the fact that idiot face here has moved his chair 18 inches.
Sorry darling.
Been a cracker of a day and cooking tonight is a sausage risotto. It's not a true risotto in the purest risotto sense but it's fabulous all the same.
Ta ta
Thursday, 8 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok. Second try. Even a computer wiz type like myself can have a system act up.
So I will vote for Glo.
Jerry from the West Coast.
P.S. are you still having email issues?
Hi Jez yes I am still having 'issues'. Any suggestions as to what to do about my gmail account?
Thank you for your support us Brits can always rely on the yanks.
Post a Comment