I envied the clouds today
going nowhere
lumbering like great steel boots
against a silk papered wall
they dug their heels in.
I wrote this travelling on a train. I often scribble down verses when being taken from here to there, I must find the trains roar relaxing.
Here's another hotch potch of words I wrote recently.
Oh come on
come to me
raise my roof
knocking it heavenwards
smudge those poetical moonbeams as they dilly dally
dislocate old planets from their comfortable existence
rip the lights from stars
just for me
Oh pop up
pop to me
make my laugh
wake some dead
wake them
and watch with me as they scurry from their dust
bones long since unloved
bones now dancing to the tune of a flesh and blood woman
giggle as skeletons dance to hip hop pop pop
just for me
Oh play for me
play pleeze
dressed for roles
we're so good at
you remove my manners
and I catch my hair in your zip
Oh come on
come with me
ride the gambler's horse bareback
steering the stumbling beast
into territories dark,
we'll hit fences and stoop to lick our blood
but we'll push on from steeple to steeple
even writing the route as we go
and our bravery will take us where we want to be
Oh come on
come on
ride with me
Thursday, 18 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment