Wednesday, 10 February 2010

My Morning , My E-Love

Potted about at H's, not much to do.
His son came in a little while after I arrived, he'd come for dad's slippers. According to him his dad was caught smoking in the ward! He'd also pinned a note onto one of the patients. God knows what hell the man is going through, but whatever it is it must be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Anyway the highlight of my morning was when Blackie and Ging sprawled themselves across my lap. They were lit by a brilliant strip of sunshine which beamed through the large window their sleek bodies warm, and without fault, shone like nothing on earth. So perfect did they look that I wanted to lick their heads but instead I let my fingers roam around their necks. The purring was thunderous.

After bagging up some of the son's clothes I bagged up my rubber gloves and pinny and left. When I was outside locking up they both appeared on the windowsill, their small heads on their thin bodies left me weak with love. I really am an idiot.

Cooking tonight Pork Chops Italienne. No idea about pud probably something chocolately.

Here is a poem I posted then deleted, won't go into why I deleted it suffice to say I can sometimes be a wee bit fractious.








Here I am
deep down in love
its magic flouting all the rules of life
yet no-one to witness it you see

Looking for sense
I try on a new dress
its perfect folds annoying my heart and mind
no-one to ruin it you see

Waiting for words
I hear not one from you
your distant e-love leaves me e-sick
no-one to wipe it you see

2 comments:

NOF said...

Thanks for the poem. The last verse
- I can empathise with those thoughts - hoping for an e-mail that seldom comes.
Have a good day in town tomorrow.
You deserve it Glo!!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Many thanks Nof, I am looking forward to a day away.