Just returned from a glorious shopping trip to Sainsbury's.
Nothing fancy was bought just fabulous humdrum in the shape of cabbage, brioche and chickens.
The drive home was splendid, calm roads, loads of sunshine and a quick pop to the garage for juice.
Came in to find Monty snoozing on the armchair. Sorry matey if I disturbed you. Shut up loser or I'll put hairs in your milk.
After having half a pint of tea I walked around the garden, planning. This harebrained idea of me knocking up a bird sanctuary is giving me much to think about. For example...Why?
Well, I love birds and I like feeding them and watching them so I thought I'd do something with the patch of badly kept garden by the conservatory! At the moment it's running wild with an odd assortment of stuff I've grown, some of the stuff even flowers, but it's not giving me satisfaction and to feel satisfied in whatever you do is essential, otherwise what's the point?
So the idea of having a space which is home to a few bird feeders and bird houses is titillating me. But what to do first? That's the question.
As soon as the weather calms down a bit I'll pop out and buy some shears and start tidying up the old conifer in the corner. It's a lovely old chap but his bits are hanging down and old chaps with drooping bits are so annoying. So, the first job is to slice at bits thereby making a clear space so I can see what's what.
Next, getting shot of the old plants, love them to bits but when your time is up it's up and so they have to go to make way for bird tables and and baths. I'll need to cover the ground with something or other, and not being a gardener I'll need to go online to find out what to get. Bit of plastic I should think. Anyway, these are jobs for when Spring is around the corner.
Doings today:
Making Fruity Indian chicken with a cucumber relish and spicy rice. To dip and scoop...Garlic and coriander naans.
Football Focus. What on earth has happened to Portsmouth?
What will Mr Cappelo do about Wayne Bridge and John Terry?
And have England's World Cup chances been blown by the carrying ons of Mr Terry? Nope.
Going through my Humax collection:)
Films to watch? Oh yeah. Denzel, Arnie. Harrison.
'On Expenses' to watch.
Masterchef. Love it.
American Idol. Talented young people, some with enormous egos, others very likeable.
I'm exhausted already!
Saturday, 27 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes we are having fruity chicken curry to your recipe tonight too.
It's a firm favourite with us now.
So glad you and Mrs Nof are enjoying my recipe. In future I might add some mango or pineapple to the mix...
Post a Comment