Tuesday, 16 February 2010

This is not good.

This blog is supposed to be about love, love of food, footie and and other good stuff so from now on that's what it will be.
All this tripe about Henry's pains and the subsequent fall out I will keep to myself.. I will not continue to splash his rotting innards in the faces of my public. I will post only good things which emanate from the castle...

My hair is turning a bit wild, might give Lisa a call see if she can nip my wispy bits.

Made a corker of a cake this morning, the aroma of baked goods is comforting especially when it's tipping it down outside. A brave pigeon clung to the sturdy feeder as enormous gusts of winds rocketed bits and bobs all around the garden. I looked and saw a mess. My mind, in an attempt to save itself, took off to the spring and summer imagining a trim lawn, flowery pots, salmon sandwiches and a bare midriff. Fine days can't come quickly enough for me.

Should be getting a new video machine today. A Humax it's called. Have a bit of an idea how it works, what I know for certain is that I'll be able to record films and store them in a neat order to watch on a day such as this. No need for me to bend and search for dusty tapes, all my favs will be in/on the Humax.
And then come Thursday, a new t.v is being delivered. It's a lot bigger than our current one and will no doubt have me sitting closed kneed, calves parted, staring at it like a simpleton.
I do so love my movies.

Talking of which. Watched 'Vacancy' a couple of weeks ago. Not the sort of film I'd have on whilst baking a cake but fair enough when eating rice crackers on a Saturday night.
Story about a couple who rent a motel room where snuff movies are made. They being the next 'stars' of course. Compelling and a bit sickening. But one to watch again? Nah.

Been devouring 'Great Offices of State' on BBC4. This is worth the licence fee.

This is good.

No comments: