....And a sour wind came
and I was lost in its vapour
and it clouded and dulled my eyes
till all I could see was
a drunken mosaic of your face
...And in the mosaic
were rainbowed memories
which fitted together
like our hands
once did
....And as the now monotonous wind
droned
I longed, like a drunk, for the tap touch of your fingers
and as I longed,
I cried
for the unsaddened days of our togetherness
....And encrusted in my sadness, like hot sand in innocent flesh
were old fashioned memories
of imagination gone mad
and lights out
when in our dusky secrecy
we rode phantastic horses
and played unreal pianos...
Come play with me again.
Friday, 24 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is fantastic.
Thanks Dig, so good to see you again.
Alcoholic vapours- so you are describing self experience!
The beauty of poetry is lost on you.
Post a Comment