Friday, 18 February 2011

Healthy Boys....


Cooking today...Of course!

Beef Cobbler so easy so yummy. Minced beef, onions, beef stock and mushroom ketchup crowned with mini scones.

Followed by...Coffee and Walnut Sponge. A quick simple cake to make. A regular Victoria sponge mix but with chopped walnuts and camp coffee added. Then split, filled and topped with coffee buttercream and walnut halves.

While on the subject of lovely concoctions..Yesterday we shopped in the local Chinese Supermarket, the building which once housed the London Electricity Board showroom, anyway inside we were stunned, at least I was, by the fantastic array of beautifully packaged Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai food. Being a glutton for lovely artwork and tasty stuff I treated myself to a yellow bag of 'Singapore Mix Cocktail'. It's rather like Bombay mix only different:) Lots of broad beans, peanuts and lentils all infused with spices of an oriental dangerous nature.
I also plumped for a dazzling bottle of Plum Sauce, see above pic. Love the name...

I'll shake the bottle tomorrow when I make something sweet and sour, till then it's British all the way....:)

1 comment:

Terry said...

Why do you need that bottle when you are the sweet plum!