I was over the moon when dad enjoyed a ham roll and then a slice of strawberry cheesecake and then a bun. And was delighted when he said he was having his hair cut one day next week.
Ecstatic as mum tucked into the pot of sausagemeat pasta I'd so lovingly transported on the 10:18...Was relieved when she said she absolutely must have a perm and that the docs said her foot was improving. Only one sock required now.
And we of course talked the hind legs off of Eeyore. Mostly about food and me and what a 'good girl' THEY'D turned out. The main topic of conversation however was Ian Duncan Smith's radical overhaul of the benefit system.
Loving someone is impossible to explain, it defies sense making sane men and women fools. Love makes simple minded humans poets and philosophers, it also mashes your brain in the nicest way.
It's been known to send the staid into hysterics and the hysterical into peace.
Such is the power of the simplest feeling.
Just after nine I got back knowing without a doubt that I loved not only the Big Two but others as well. And whether or not I'm loved in return is of no importance. As long as they eat my cakes and swivel my spaghetti I'll be happy!
Thursday, 17 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Parents always love their daughters especially one such as you who is so caring & thoughtful for them. From your observations there is lots of love there.
Also I am sure Mr H feels tha same way for all you do for him
Thanks Terry.
No doubt about it - you are loved too!!!
Thanks Nof.
Post a Comment