Last night as the lights went out (in more ways than one!) I watched a BBC4 'Storyville' documentary about Ronald Reagan the 40th President of the U.S. and from start to finish it not only held me but enlightened me as well. Here was this fantastically handsome man who went from dire actor to governor to President without losing a hair.
A televisual feast. Thanks Auntie.
Today's entertainment will, I'm sure, be just as enthralling, more quality from BBC4. Two programmes about books. The Beauty of Books and Birth of the British Novel. These progs although undoubtedly worth staying up for, will be recorded.
Hectic day tomorrow!
Cooking today:
A lot.
Dutch Apple Flan. Whopper seeing us through to at least Wednesday.
Strawberry and cream Swiss Roll. (London fare)
Sausage and root veg bake. Pork bangers with glazed parsnip, carrot bats and spud wedges.
Likely to be made... a small apple pie with lattice top.
Now I lay down....!
P.S. By the way Mr H's gig went "well enough". Lots of pats on backs and healthy applause (but no groupies) Better luck next time you old git:)
Monday, 7 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Not surprised you lay down after that lot! Parsnips seem a favourite of yours.
I listen to my body and yes parsnips are a favourite if I could I'd marry one.
That would be bigamy!
Do you Parsnip take Gloria to be your awful wedded wife?
I do
Parsnip would certainly take Gloria anytime!
Enough parsnip innuendo
You started it
Post a Comment