Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Shocks Away in Sainsbury's


Sugar up. Over a pound now for 1kg

Stew beef up. 25p, not much I know, but it all adds up dear.

Nanas up. 8 giant bananas for desserts and nerves.
Cost £1:19. Sure they were 99p a few months ago.

Boulders up. Large box of Sainsbury's finest oaty wheaty sugary breakfast cereals in the shape of er...boulders. Not huge proper boulders though, more like knobbly marbles..

But it wasn't all shocks in Sainsbury's today, I found, to my delight, what could be the answer to my cheesecake probs....a jar of Peach and Passion Fruit Conserve!
Rubbing shoulders with jars of the ever-present strawberry was this newbie on the jammy front and it was, I have to say, love at first sight, a feeling not dissimilar to when I clapped eyes on BOGOFF chicken thighs/drumsticks...Me get 8 for £3...What fun I'll have playing around with various permutations...

So onwards to the till I trotted, with a trolley resembling the Dutch Football team...Most items being packaged in 'basics' brand of Orange and White:)
But not the conserve. The conserve was well above what I normally pay for jam but what I lost in dosh I made up for in excitement:)

If the conserve had me hyperventilating how do you think I felt when laid my grubby mitts on a tray of fresh off- whitish Pollack. 'Oh dreamy' I thought 'I can fry this and serve a traditional fish and chip tea. Traditional cod and chips only without the cod.
Can't wait...

Veronica served me today, a wee middle aged lady with thin brown hair and a lovely way about her, and as she swept my groceries over the barcode machine thing we chatted about handbags. She bought a small furry bag only the other day, but daren't tell hubby on account of his misunderstanding of women's needs.
We chuckled.
By this time there was a lively old man behind me awash with clanking booze bottles, we chuckled about that too...

So after the terror of stop- start- stop -halt- give way at the nearly finished new roundabout by the station I quietly drove home...

Will be Lavishing love and batter on Pollack fillets tonight with chocolate pud for pud:)


P.S.
Flew with Captain Quaid last night, and what a ride it was. Fab all action movie with great support in the form of Hugh Laurie of all people. Loved the part where Captain Townes discovers that the little quiet blond chap who can 'get them out' of there....designs 'model aeroplanes' and not the 'real thing'.
A real funny moment...

Now tea:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all that shopping you must have had a trailer for your car or did you travel by van!

Gloria Horsehound said...

My needs are few.