Thursday, 1 December 2011

Dairy of a Carer
Day 985...



Last night. Late.
Sandwiched between settee and coffee table.
The little lady lay.
Skeletal.
But arms of son-in-law and hands of child
soon have mama propped.

A decent little poetical effort and so soon after chat about night-time spectres...

My cough, by the way, kept everyone awake:)

After making myself some water based porridge I gave mum a big bowl of fat milked cornflakes, which, I have to say, aren't a patch on any other cereal. Lack guts, muscle I think. Ok for snacking on, maybe while watching an afternoon movie or playing footsie with a man. At any rate cornflakes suck.

I will, as the day 'progresses', feel more human and humane, she can't help feeling the way she does nor can she do much about it so I and maybe others will prop and medicate till her legs have bones again.


Now I must fly:)

No comments: