Wednesday, 14 December 2011

I was going to post about old age depression, coughs and scalded feet but hell that's no way to treat an audience so I'll post something good!

Presents.
I got one.
Today.
This afternoon in fact.
I promised NOT to open it, not even to gently ease off a bit o' wrapping paper to see what's therein. So...the LARGE gift is propped up against the fake coals on my electric fire:)

Keeping with the Christmas theme...I also received two smaller but still very important items through the letterbox.
Cards. Big and smaller. Light and heavy.
One from a notorious aunt south of the river the other from my bff across the Pond.

And as I held/clutched them for dear life I visualized them both, the people that is, my notorious aunt is now quite old, and is, by the contents of her letters to me, still the feisty red lipped madam she was in days gone by. Although now she cares for a sick old husband 23/7 and passes the other hour by doing cross stitch. (My dad, by the way, liked Ivy best...)

My bff, someone whom I've yet to meet, is blonde and ballsy and cuts up rough when faced with do or die situations. I like her very much. One day she keeps telling me, we will enjoy English tea together on my 'porch'. Bless her brave heart, I don't have the bottle to tell her my 'porch' isn't really a 'porch' just a faded red doorstep holding a faded old plant pot.
But I would LOVE to meet her despite our communication failures.



Right I've had my say, now I must tend Mother's catalogue of ailments and tend my Toad:)

No comments: