Carrot.
Large.
Uncut.
Today has seen me faffing all over the place, not for my benefit of course, but for Mother's. Jildy, the man at the Post Office, has kinda given me my own parking space, so often am I in his establishment. Bless him.
We mostly josh about stamps and weights only today he didn't make me laugh...I had to send a postal order by Special Delivery or whatever its called, anyway Jildy said it'd cost over £5! WHAT I bellowed but handed over the cash, it was an Order from Mother so I couldn't disobey. Money to burn she has. Bugger.
And there's me hanging around in charity shops all day...
So off I drove to get more stuff.
The flippetty gibbet in the chemist hadn't heard of 4711 scent so after explaining to her that it was a famous scent from long ago I left yellow hair to her pricing gun...
Then papers...
Then charity shop:) Where I bought a red puffa anorak and three padded hangers.
"You alright?" said Jill
It startles me when people say that because I think I must look A...W....F...U....L
But I grinned like an idiot saying "Yes I'm thank s Jill and thank you for the free toffee"
At Christmas time they always have an open tin for customers/friends to dip into.
Christian charity is fine but no thank you I won't be able to make any services at the Baptist church...
It was raining pussies and hounds on my departure so I strolled to the car just to get wet. To feel something from above. To wake me!
Then home to phone calls a plenty. Not anything to do with me you understand, all to do with Mother's library card, drugs, eyes and diabetes.
I love having her here...
But she does show affection and appreciation by wanting me to drink tea with her. All the time.
I will be old one day and probably in a worse state, (been hitting the champers a lot) and I dare say I'll be cheered by the presence of a great person (probably some burly Lithuanian male nurse) and I'll hang onto his coat because I'm lonely...:(
Cooking tonight:
Roast Chicken
Whole braised carrots (they look so good lengthy)
Peas
Roast potatoes
Stuffing
Gravy
*
Rice pudding and jam.
Now TEA and a little company
:)
Monday, 19 December 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
found your site by accident and kinda enjoyed it!
you are mad as a box of frogs!
Thanks John.
After dipping into your interweb journal I've come to the conclusion you're the only other sane person who ever wrote a blog.
Cheerio!
Post a Comment