Friday, 23 December 2011

A Long Day

Mum couldn't make it to the docs this afternoon so I phoned the surgery...

And after a long friendly chat with the receptionist I finally bagged a chat with her Manager. Then I got what I wanted. A visit by a district nurse.

The nurse then came and did her business whilst talking to mum about weight and energy and bones and London, and after Nurse Sue left I ate three Hobnobs. I was in the mood for anything.
I am desperate.

So tonight I will drink a fusion of Ginger Wine and Cream Soda whilst nattering with Mr H. over thick succulent slices of best boiled gammon. (By the way I put the entire leek in) Then, if it's not too disgustingly late, I might watch Rocky, I II III IV or V. No matter.
The nurse by the way said I was to feed Mother little and often, even full fat food, that won't be a problem tonight I told her, because tonight's pud is a creamy heart stoppingly rich Rice Pudding. Probably add some jam too. If Mother's heart did stop accidentally I'd stop too. Probably forever. Or at least for a week.

Oh I've re-arranged the furniture, and while shoving the settee with mum upon it, I had to laugh.
Here was I...............5ft and 8st, pushing a lump of furniture about without a care for my own back area.

Looks better I have to say, the two armchairs are now side by side, very cosy, but no chance of a major cuddle, especially now Mother is in the room. Which reminds me I simply MUST get a newish t.v for the bedroom, current one has had it. Would be good, if after tucking Mum in, I could sneak to bed and watch something or other. Probably other.

Ho hum Christmas Eve soon and more tending of the elderly, more texting and yet more cooking...And for the last two I Thank God.

I don't like bringing God into my posts but sometimes I can't help it. He kind of pops up/in usually when I'm spent and bloging mercilessly about how harsh life can sometimes be. But if He would grant me two wishes on His Son's Birthday they would be these:

1. Disown all people who are cruel to animals. Especially cats.
and
2. Give me strength.

And on that terrifyingly sombre note I must say Fare thee well.
My gammon needs poking

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what size TV screen would you want
for room ?

Gloria Horsehound said...

Any size.

Thanks Anonymous ?

Terry said...

Needs to be large size for you to see!

Gloria Horsehound said...

The bigger the better.

Love
Four Eyes
x